Weddings & Events
At The Reef Playacar, dream weddings are our specialty. Our team of professional wedding planners stands ready to fulfill your every wish and whim. From tropical bridal bouquets to an aisle lined with shells and starfish, we want your special day to be a memory you will cherish forever. Choose from one of several existing wedding packages or allow us to customize your dream wedding day.
Civil Wedding Package
Price Package $2,185 usd - Includes 15 pax
- Legal ceremony by our local judge and register fees
- Blood test for the bride and groom
- Marriage license, apostil seal and legal fees
- Ceremony on the beach.
- Gazebo decorated with fabrics.
- Canopy with fabric decoration.
- Chairs covered with bows.
- Aisle Runner with natural shells and star fish decoration.
- Bridal bouquet with seasonal flowers.
- Boutonniere for the groom matching bride’s bouquet
- Flower arrangements for the ceremony.
- DJ and Music from a CD or Ipod during the ceremony.
- Wedding cake flowers.
- Semi – Private dinner at one of a la Carte Restaurants for 15 people.
- Wedding cake with traditional white frosting (15 pax)
- Sparkling wine for toast for 15 people.
Special perks for the bride and groom:
- Room with king side bed guarantee.
- Welcome letter and fruit basket in the couple room the arrival day.
- Bathrobes for wedding couple to use during their stay.
- Two bottles of sparkling wine for the couple while get ready the wedding day.
- Special honeymooner’s decoration of the bride and groom room the night of the wedding.
- A bottle of Prosecco with chocolate covered strawberries in the couple room on the wedding night.
- Wedding gift in the room on wedding day
- Continental breakfast served the morning after the wedding for the couple.
- Late check out for the couple subject to availability.
- Personalized service with on site coordinator for wedding and group arrangements.
- 15 % discount in all the services offer in The Reef Spa.(Apply only for the couple).
- Cost of food and beverage and other fees for additional guests will be billed accordingly
- Additional charge applies for the reception location.
- Outside guests must have a day pass entitling them to resort access from ceremony time until 2:00 am ($65 USD per guest). In the event outside guests would like to spend the entire morning and day at the resort, an additional day pass is required ($45 USD per guests).
- Civil ceremony is performed by a Spanish-speaking judge. The fee for a translator is $100 USD.
- MC Service available for an addition fee of $100 USD per hour.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice
- Includes 15 pax for cake, toast & dinner
*Prices and inclusions are subject to change without prior notice.
A 50% ( or 20% if total cost is over $500 ) non-refundable "wedding date reservation" fee confirms and holds your date. Your "wedding date reservation" fee also will be applied to any package or other purchases. (no special order items will be purchased until the agreed upon reservation fee has been received)
Wedding Packages: All wedding package prices are set to save you money. Changes to these preset packages may also change the cost of the package. (As an example, if you require that we have different flowers than what is shown in our wedding packages, and we don't have them readily available in our current stock, we will have to research and order those flowers for your wedding ceremony. In this case, you will be charged for service , the product and the shipping.)
Bad Weather: In case of rain or high winds, we will move your arch or canopy to your reception site into our ballroom. You may also reschedule providing the new date is not reserved.It is the couple's responsibility to authorize the use of the back-up location for the wedding ceremony in case of bad weather. We will make every effort to have the ceremony on the beach or agreed upon location. If we can wait out a storm for a short period of time, we will. But if we can't, we will try and move the wedding to an indoor area.
Late Start: The Reef Resorts Wedding coordinators have agreed to provide services to you at a specified time. Your guests will also expect that the wedding starts on time. Therefore, a late fee will be charged for any wedding that does not start within 30 minutes of the specified time. Over thirty minutes late - a $150 fee will be charged for every 30 minutes. Any wedding that has not begun within 1 hour after the scheduled time may be cancelled and disassembled with no refund, the late fee must be paid before the ceremony begins or we will not perform the ceremony. Often, we have other employees working with us and they need to get paid for their time. Additionally, you may not be the only people getting married that day. Quite often, we have other weddings to perform. Being late will affect everyone's schedules.
Holidays (on or near): There will be an extra charge on or near holidays. Pricing is subject to our discretion
Set-up & decorating fees: Depend on the number persons and items to be installed. The minimum for any private Event on the beach will be $ 250 USD.