About The Reef
Our top-notch multilingual entertainment staff coordinates an array of fun activities. From daytime diversions like pool volleyball to nightly shows and live entertainment, plus a fully supervised kids program, The Reef Playacar delivers fun for all ages.
- Daily activities program
- Fitness Center and classes, including aerobics and aqua-aerobics
- Non-motorized water sports, including sailing, kayaking and paddle boarding
- Kids activities for ages 4 through 12
- Nightly mini disco for kids
- Nightly shows and live entertainment at The Theater
The Reef Playacar partners with Mayaland Tours to offer a wide range of tours and off-property excursions, including cultural treks to nearby Chichen Itza, one of the best preserved archeological sites in Mexico, to dolphin swims and ATV expeditions.
- Chichen Itza Deluxe – See the most famous of all late Maya cities in this semi-private two-hour tour featuring buffet lunch, luxury car transportation, tour with a bilingual guide and access to the temples by private entrance.
- Open the Gate to Chichen Itza – There's no better way to see this storied late Mayan city than on a private guided tour with a bilingual guide. You'll enjoy access before the site opens, giving you time for in-depth exploration before other visitors arrive. Buffet lunch and luxury car transportation are included.
- Mayan Planetarium - Immerse yourself in the beauty of the "Seventh wonder of the modern world". Mexico's Chichén Itza. Hear the story of the ancient Maya civilization.
- Experience Be Maya – Channel your inner Maya on this in-depth tour based on real-life experiences in Mayan spirituality, Mayan cuisine, Mayan language and more. Breakfast, lunch, transportation and guided tour included.
- Tulum Mayan Temples & Tankah Eco-Adventure Park Excursion – Visit Tulum, the only archeological site located on the coastline, then head to Tahkah for zip lining, kayaking, swimming in a cenote and more. Transportation, admission to Tulum archaeological site and Tankah eco-adventure park, buffet lunch, certified bilingual guide, zip line aerial adveture, kayaking, visit of 4 different cenotes, Mayan village visit and life jackets included.
- Dolphin Royal Swim at Puerto Aventuras – Dolphin Royal Swim at Puerto Aventuras – This magical experience with the Caribbean’s friendliest dolphins includes transportation, buffet lunch with 2 non alcoholic beverages and lots of in-the-water playtime with dolphins.
- Snorkel Xtreme – Ocean and jungle adventures come together in this fun snorkeling and ziplining excursion with a bilingual guide. Transportation and lunch included.
- Coco Bongo Playa del Carmen – Duck into a VIP table at Coco Bongo, Playa del Carmen’s premier nightclub for a high-spirited evening of entertainment and premium drinks. Includes express pass admission, reserved table and unlimited drinks.
- Columbus Lobster Dinner Cruise – Chart a romantic course aboard an elegant Spanish galleon for an evening dinner cruise featuring fresh lobster and fine wine.
- Catamaran Sail to Isla Mujeres – Set sail for Isla Mujeres and an afternoon of snorkeling on one of the loveliest reefs in the Mexican Caribbean. Lunch, open bar, shopping tour and the services of a bilingual guide are included.
- Xcaret Eco-Park Excursion – Revel in the eco-wonders of Xcaret on this full-day tour featuring access to the aquarium, aviary, orchid farm, butterfly pavilion, Mayan Village and more. Lunch and beverages included.
- Horseback riding – Saddle up for this excursion along the ancient routes of the Chiceros on horseback. Transportation and the services of a professionally trained and certified guide included.
- Extreme Zipline & ATV Combo Tour – See the jungle by zipline and ATV on this adrenaline-rush tour that includes transportation, cenote swim, bottle water and more.
- Sport Fishing Tour – Fine tune your fishing skills in the deep sea waters of the Riviera Maya, where dorado, wahoo, red snapper, grouper and more draw avid anglers.